The Businesswomen of the Year Awards and Judy Heffernan Award celebrate the achievements of female innovators, leaders, visionaries, role models and mentors in the Peterborough region.
Nominations allow us to honour the accomplishments and formally recognize our women leaders. Through these awards we can recognize and validate the hard work and contribution each candidate makes to her business or organization and to the community.
You can nominate yourself or you can nominate another woman in the community.
The Businesswomen of the Year Awards are presented by the Women’s Business Network of Peterborough; however, you do not need to be a member of the WBN to enter.
- Nominations open — January 20, 2020
- Nominations close — February 24, 2020
- Nominees announced — February 27, 2020
- Awards event — April 23, 2020
Businesswomen of the Year Awards — 2 Categories
Previously known as the Women in Business Award, the Businesswomen of the Year Awards recognize women who demonstrate business leadership within their organization or company that has resulted in job creation, innovation or increased business acumen. It also recognizes the recipients’ impact on the community at large, including, volunteering, and other contributions.
- Entrepreneur Category: A nominee must be someone who owns/co-owns and operates an established business or group of businesses. She must have an active role in running the business.
- Organization Category: A nominee must be an employee, working in a business or non-profit organization, holding a formal or informal leadership role. She must have an impact on the organization in some way.
Nomination form – Entrepreneur and Organization Award (Word)
Nomination form – Entrepreneur and Organization Award (PDF)
Judy Heffernan Award
- The recipient of the Judy Heffernan Award will be a female entrepreneur, mentor or student who embodies the late Judy Heffernan’s legacy of humbly helping others succeed.
Nomination form – Judy Heffernan Award (Word)
Nomination form – Judy Heffernan Award (PDF)
All three awards are open to women in the City or County of Peterborough. All nominations will be reviewed and scored by a Judging Committee.
Important! The judges will be three women selected for their leadership in our community. The Judging Committee will be assessing each submission based solely on the information provided to them in the nomination form. All applications will be confidential and only judges will receive the submissions.
Your completed nomination form, saved as a PDF, must be emailed to email@example.com. Applications must be received by midnight on February 24th, 2020.
A list of all nominees will be posted on the WBN website on February 27, 2020.
Every submission will be reviewed independently by each of the three judges. The judges evaluate each submission based on the content of the form using the weighted point system. A meeting of judges will take place and three finalists will be selected in the Entrepreneur and Organization categories.
Points to Note:
- Judy Heffernan: Only the winner will be selected for the Judy Heffernan Award (no runners up).
- Announcements: The winners of the Entrepreneur Category, the Organization Category and the Judy Heffernan Award will be announced at the April 23 event.
- Declining a nomination: You can decline your nomination.
- Eligibility: Anyone in the County of Peterborough is eligible, including WBN members and board members.
The nomination form provides a few ideas for each section, as well as a maximum length, however, the content you provide is entirely up to you.
You may write your submission in the 1st or 3rd person, however, if you are nominating someone it is likely that you will need to work with them to gather the content needed to complete the nomination form.
THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK!